Friday, November 13, 2009

Side Tracked......

I really do have a one-track mind. I get it honestly from my dad. However, sometimes, even when I am focused on one project, I get an idea and I can't shake it until I work through it. This week the one-track mind hits again. Hence this sweet little hat. What spare few minutes I have had this week I've been working on pj pants for Ethan. I'll sit down and sew one seam here and there. Then one day we had to run errands and it was quite windy......and I thought....Ean needs his little ears covered. I knew I could not knit a hat that fast. But I could design and sew one....and I did. I will make a few changes on the next one.....but for the time being....this one will do the trick!!!! And just in case you are wondering...I did finish up the pj pants for Ethan today. He will have warm legs tonight and Ean will have warm ears whenever we go out.

I made the hat out of left-over brown corduroy and lined it with none other than a little boy gingham. I also put some quilt batting in between the layers for added warmth. And you can't see the top of the hat in this picture....but I put a covered button on the tip top!!! I love it!!!

Do you all cover your baby's ears when you go out? My mother always talked about covering baby ears....and as a result I always have with my little ones. My pediatrician tells me it doesn't matter.....but I'm not listening. We have had no ear infections....so I'll keep doing it!

7 comments:

Heather said...

I love this hat so awesome. I would love to know how to make it, we are traveling to Idaho for Christmas this year and my 9 month old could really use a hat like that. :)

Hopewell said...

Very sweet and such a classic! I remember those hats when I was little [some boys even still wore them to Kindergarten or 1st grade back in the mid 60s]

Cindy said...

Lamps Family......thanks so much!!! Tell me what your little one's head circumference is right above the ears. If it is similar to Ean's I can send you the pattern pieces I made.

Thanks Hopewell. I think they are such a classic style. I might put a small visor on the next one.

The dB family said...

Ean's hat is perfect!! And yes my children always went out with covered ears when they were little. No ear infections here either!

Blessings!
Deborah

Goosegirl said...

Very cute! I always kept my little ones in hats to protect their ears. But as they got older, and learned to take them off, the ear infections started. I am a total believer in hats preventing ear infections.

Casey said...

I always keep my little ones ears covered also (my mom also told me that). :) I LOVE hats...my Little guy has tons and I love this hat....are you going to do a tutorial or pattern?!? :)

lisa said...

totally cute - I may just have to try that!
I just found your blog and am really enjoying browsing through. It is truly fun to find other Christian mothers having fun with their children and using their talents in so many fun ways!
Blessings!

Related Posts with Thumbnails