I finally finished this dress for Elisabeth. It has been languishing on my sewing table for at least 4-6 weeks now. The pattern only goes up to a size 4....but I modified it slightly to fit Elisabeth (who usually wears a size 6). I really like the smocking on the front yoke line. I did not follow any smocking pattern....just sat down one night and stitched. I will admit to pulling out a lot of stitches along the way though...because some of the colors I had picked out really did not look too good once I started.
I also really like this fabric. It has polka dots all over it. Plus, you know I had to add some gingham in....so I made the bias trim (arm hole binding), piping, and collar out of the pink/white gingham. Elisabeth really likes it...which makes all the work worth it.
Thanks for the wonderful remarks to my last post about the skort. I will keep you all updated along the way!!!!