Monday, December 15, 2008
A Little Update......
Just like most people....my life seems to get more busy this time of year. I think I have skipped over some things lately so I thought I'd mention them now:
* We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. Just the five of us, as usual, as none of our family live in the same area that we do. But we always make a yummy meal and then start decorating the Christmas tree.
* My SAGA group visited the local NICU and delivered several bags/boxes of Wee Care gowns, blankets, knitted booties, etc. I had never toured the facility before and I was amazed with the current technology. I was able to stand right by the babies (in their incubators, of course) and really see how small they are. I also was able to talk with one of the neo-natal doctors. The statistics he gave, in favor, of our NICU were staggering. And coincidentally enough, he was the same doctor that was present for Ethan's c-section birth (no, the c-section wasn't planned...but we all ended up healthy so it was worth it!)
* Over the weekend my girls had their Christmas ballet recital. They (and all the girls) were so cute!!! It's amazing what they have learned in just three months time.
* The girls and I went to see the Nutcracker. It really inspired Emily to continue with ballet and eventually move into pointe ballet. However, I did not finish the coordinating dresses for the girls that I had hoped to. The girls did not seem to mind.
* I have finished the Christmas nightgowns for the girls. Now I need to focus on pj's for Ethan. Another post will follow soon.
* Still no Christmas pictures to send out with our Christmas cards. Hopefully one night this week we will make the time.
* Our Christmas shopping is almost finished. (I do 98% of my shopping on-line). Now to get all the gifts wrapped and sent around the country to various family and friends...not to mention the gifts for the four sweet ones I live with.
* Emily has been sewing....that will be another post soon.
* We went to our local cake/candy decorating store today so Elisabeth could pick out the "horses" that she wants me to put on her birthday cake this week. I still can't believe she is almost six years old!!!
* And the picture above is of a Christmas tree each of my girls made last year. (They both made one....but only one is shown.) We stacked up wooden abc blocks and glued them together in a tree shape. Then the girls picked out various small ornaments and trinkets to glue around the tree. We keep these on our kitchen table during the holiday and the girls love them.
Ok....I think I am back up to date now. I hope you all are well and enjoying this special time of year with your loved ones!!!