Thursday, July 12, 2012

Busy, But Fun Summer.....




We have had such a fun summer already.  I thought I would share a few highlights from it thus far:

Right on the heels of Ean's 3rd birthday was Emily's 13th birthday.  I know!  I can't believe it either!!  Thirteen years old!  She is helping out with Vacation Bible School at our church this week and she is exhausted!  She is working with 28 preschoolers each day.  She comes home ready to eat and nap.  







Elisabeth taught Ethan how to ride a 2-wheeler bike.  Her bike, nonetheless!  They both were so proud of each other....her for teaching him and him for actually doing it!!!  I love watching them help each other.  But trust me in that it isn't always like that around here.  A blog is nice in that I can show you what I want to show you.  I spare you the fights, tantrums, etc. 




And going to the Titanic museum in Pigeon Forge, TN is my kids favorite thing to do!!  Even if we just stop by the gift shop.  Actually last week we were in Pigeon Forge and it was hot and busy!  A really bad storm came through last Thursday evening that caused quite a bit of damage and killed a few people in the Cades Cove area.  Really sad!!!

I'm going to pack up a few little ones and head back to TN this weekend so that I can visit with my dad a few days.  He's traveling from FL just for the weekend and I look forward to seeing him.  He'll be 84 years old on his birthday next month.  Amazing!!!  He's going to TN for his high school reunion in Knoxville this weekend.  I think he graduated in 1947.  I know he is going to have so much fun reminiscing with former classmates !!!

I hope you all are enjoying your summer!  And I hope you are sewing something fun.  I haven't sewn much at all....but I do hope to soon!  My friend Laura of Ellie Inspired has some adorable patterns I want to stitch up for my Elisabeth.  Back soon!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Sounds like a milestone summer! Enjoy!

Ellie Inspired said...

Awww, you are so sweet! Have fun in Tennessee this weekend! Good job Emily for teaching VBS this week! Our kids were at VBS this week too.

Karina said...

Enjoyed the little update. So nice to "see" what your up too. I havent been sewing much myself at all, I have gotten into papercrafting and that is all i brought to england with me, other than my little machine for mending....

Related Posts with Thumbnails