Thursday, April 12, 2012

Springy Skort.....and A Weekend Getaway......


(The sun was bright in her eyes)

A few weeks back I mentioned that I was making Elisabeth a new A-Line Ruffled Skort. I picked up some Sis Boom fabrics that she really liked and I must say they were very pleasant to sew. I didn't think to take a picture of the shorts but they are made out of the coordinating yellow fabric that I also used to make the turn cord bow. So sweet and fresh looking. I love it! And Elisabeth loves it too!!!



And some of you may be wondering what I dressed my little ones in for Easter. Well, interesting story, but we ended up going out of town at the last minute. I did make a simple little dress for Elisabeth that I will show you soon. And Ean's little outfit was still sitting on my sewing table all cut out and not one stitch sewn when we left on Thursday morning. But I am going to finish it and show it to you soon.

The picture above was our view all weekend long. It was such a gorgeous weekend in the Smoky Mountains!!! Although it was a bit chilly....which was interesting on Friday morning when we realized our heater wasn't working. And I hadn't packed any cool-weather clothes for anyone either, including myself. But it was worth it....such a beautiful Easter weekend with my sweet family!!!

Over the next few days I have to finish two quilt blocks for the local quilt store block of the month club I'm in. Plus our local Smocking Guild meets this coming Monday night and I have to get the entire program pulled together (i.e., make the completed sample, make the demo sample, make handouts, send out reminder emails, etc). So it's going to be a busy next few days. Enjoy your weekend and try to fit some stitching in if you can!!!

8 comments:

cherie said...

I just finished my first A-line short from your pattern. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I did the whole thing in a stenzo patchwork print and it is going to be perfect for summer. Thanks for the great pattern!

gmaofthree said...

What a beautiful view, Cindy! I love this pattern, too- the instructions are so easy to follow with clear diagrams. It was fun making two Minnie (Mouse) skirts from this pattern for my granddaughters. Usually by the second garment I am ready to retire a pattern, but this one will get lots of use.

Goosegirl said...

Cute! I am glad you had a wonderful Easter! I can't wait to see the Easter finery when it is finished.

Kellie said...

Sew cute skort! Love the view... good to have those cherished moments together as a family!

dlogan said...

Cindy, Elizabeth is just precious. She is growing into a beautiful young lady:) BLessings, Darby

Ellie Inspired said...

Wow! The mountains look beautiful! Glad you had a nice weekend. I like Elisabeth's new skort too!

Ruth said...

This reminds me--I need to get out your skort pattern and make a few more for Emily for this summer. She wore the pink one to death.

Cindy said...

You all are so sweet and kind to me. Thank you all so much for the wonderful remarks about my skort patterns. I really appreciate it!!! And I agree, this view in TN is spectacular!!!! When I went to graduate school at UT Knoxville I lived here for two years and experienced this view daily. It is so refreshing!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails