Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Hand Knit Dish Cloths....



I mentioned before I would be back with a finished knitted project.....meet my new dish cloths. Have you ever used hand knit or hand crocheted dish cloths? We love them. We've been making them and using them for several years now. I usually just make very basic ones like this pattern. But awhile back I came across this pattern and made these two pictured above. I am slowly phasing out and throwing away all my old store bought dish cloths and replacing them with only hand knit or crocheted ones.


Here is a better idea of what these look like. Each one is folded in half here. And they are pretty big too. Almost too big for me....I like a dish cloth I can easily hold in my hand....but I will still be using these and probably making more. I really like the design as well as the stripe.



I must really be on a knitting and crocheting kick lately....because I have stopped by the yarn shop several times lately and I've picked up the above yarns for upcoming quick projects.

I am almost finished planning the first few months of school for the little ones. I am trying to fit in some stitching here and there but it isn't working too well. Once we get back on schedule I have several items I am hoping to sew. Hopefully you all are enjoying the last few weeks of summer too!!!

6 comments:

Kellie said...

Love these!

GStaples said...

Yes, I do knit dish cloths, love them!!! I use the Sugar n Cream all cotton yarn. Are they fun? You do great work!

GStaples said...

boy, I typed too fast, sorry. It should read: Aren't they fun?

Cindy said...

Thanks girls!!! Yes, I use the Sugar n Cream all cotton yarn too. We used to always pick some up when it was on sale...so we have quite a stash now!

Ellie Inspired said...

These are awesome! I haven't knitted dishcloths in years - my mom has kept me supplied :) but my sister and I learned to knit by making these. I like the color combo of the green/white! WAAAAAY better than store-bought dishcloths!

Liliane de Paula said...

I like your blog.
Could you visit my blog, too.
Is important your visit in my blog.
I would like to be your friend, Cindy.

Related Posts with Thumbnails