Saturday, July 02, 2011

The Un-Vacation......


I sure wish I could say I had a great reason why I have not posted in a week. Like maybe I've been gone on a fantastic vacation or something. But unfortunately that would be pure dreaming right now. Instead I've been in bed for five straight days. Monday I had the worst headache of my life. Tuesday I had the worst stomach/mid-body aches of my life and finally Wednesday I went to the doctor. I was absolutely shocked when he told me I had a kidney infection. Really? Then he proceeded to tell me kidney infections are really serious matters and that if the antibiotics he gave me did not generate improvement within 48 hours he was going to put me in the hospital! Yikes!!! Since I have four little ones and a husband that is currently working 12 hour days and Saturdays....I quickly realized that would not be a good idea.

So....here I am, not great but at least functioning. I keep telling myself that at least I don't feel worse. Actually today is the first day I could even think about interacting with the computer, so I guess that is progress. Plus I never watch daytime tv...so that has been mildly entertaining for the past five days. But I'm not sure how much more of it I can take.

But my Emily......she never ceases to amaze us all. She really stepped up to the plate and took care of everything when her daddy wasn't here. Fortunately, he was able to stay home two of the days and he is always such a huge help. He is great with housework and the kids!!! A true treasure!

In all the commotion, Emily had a birthday too. She is now my sweet 12 year old. She is becoming quite the young adult! Sometimes I wish I could make my kids stop growing, but you know what? I actually enjoy seeing what the next age/phase is going to bring. They are all such wonderful kids. Yes, we all have our moments...but in the grand scheme of things...they are great kids!!!

I hope your weekend is a great one! I'm hoping my belly/appetite is up for some yummy picnic-type foods by Monday. It's kind of crazy...but the 4th of July is one of my absolute favorite holidays!! I hope I'm out of the bed by then....but at least I'm not in the hospital! It's all a matter of perspective!

P.S., You'll have to excuse my lack of cohesiveness...my brain is still a bit fuzzy and not functioning at full capacity!

9 comments:

Jeannie B. said...

I hope you are on the mend and will be feel very well soon.

Goosegirl said...

Oh Cindy, I am so sorry!!! I will be praying for you to heal quickly.

Jan M said...

So thankful you are feeling a tiny bit better, and praying you feel a whole lot better soon!
May you enjoy the holiday festivities someplace other than your bed! Happy 4th!

Mona @ la la by mona said...

Bless your heart! I pray that you feel better soon. It just isn't in the daily plan for mommies to get sick. So glad you have support from hubs and sweet kids. And, I agree - I have often wished they would just stay this age, but it is a gift to watch them grow. Kind of bittersweet!

Kellie said...

God has a funny way of making us busy mom's rest...praying for a speedy recovery! Bravo to your little helper. Children truly are one of God's greatest blessings!

Attilio said...

hi cindy, i enjoy your 'from the heart' blog, but have never commented, but theres always a first! i too have spent a whole week in bed, i hurt my back badly and couldnt move, so being in bed with 2 little ones is bad and yours was double. but i do thank Jesus for the family and hubby i have as they are my rock.
i pray you get better and better as children do love their mummy to be well. God bless
becky
bpbajona at maltanet dot net

Karina said...

oh goodness, im glad your ok now.... wow 12 already!

dlogan said...

HI Cindy,

I hope you are feeling better soon.
It's hard being a mom and not being able to care for the usual home routine. Take your
time, and rest. :) God Bless, Darby

Michie' Mooney said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!

Related Posts with Thumbnails