Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend.....


I disappeared again! But this time instead of taking care of sick little ones....we were off on a family adventure. We went to the Smoky Mountains for the long weekend! I posted some more pictures on our family blog if you are interested. It was so nice and so relaxing!!!

I am posting this picture of Emily because you have to see this backpack she made last week. Yes, just last week and in about 2 days. She knitted it with wool worsted weight yarn and with circular needles. She used the pattern from this book and it came out so cute!!! The straps are braided and are laced through the top so that the backpack stays closed while wearing it. I thinks she wore it the entire time we were in the mountains. I need to get a better picture close up so you can see it better...but believe me when I say it is adorable. She also has two or three other things she has knitted and/or crocheted the past month or so...but I still need to get photos. Hopefully I can do that soon!

I hope you all had a lovely weekend too. I am so thankful for all the men and women who so unselfishly serve for this country. We are mighty blessed to be Americans!!!

3 comments:

Kellie said...

Bravo Emily! Such a neat bag!

dlogan said...

I am just amazed at Emily's work. I am a frustrated knitter! I need her help or the book!! Darby

Ellie Inspired said...

Wow! She is amazing! When you tell me things she just whips up, I can't believe how young she is! You deserve to feel very proud, Momma! :) For the ear infections, I also dislike antibiotics so I started putting a few drops of extra virgin olive oil in their ears (similar remedy) and also had the pediatrician confirm that it was working. It seems like they always happen in the middle of the night and they are miserable so this gives them some fast relief so they can go back to sleep. I love your SAGA dress you're working on too! I remember when you started that. I just put all my UFO's in one spot so I could work on it a little at a time and finish them up....it's a scary high pile! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails