Thursday, April 14, 2011

Flower Pot Pin Cushion......



I had a commenter ask yesterday about the pin cushion in yesterday's post. Yes, I did make this fun little pin cushion. About two years ago our local Smocking Guild was hosting Claudia Newton for a day workshop. I really wanted to make some sort of sewing favor to give all of our attendees. This is what I came up after a bit of daydreaming. I was VERY pregnant at the time and what should have taken a few hours to make took a week or so. But I am so glad I did make them. I use mine ALL the time. A while back I had thought about creating a tutorial to make them. But I never got around to it. Maybe one day I will. But they are very simple to create.



I made twenty-some of these in two different color ways and let the ladies choose which one they wanted. I thought they looked so bright and happy. Well, actually I still think that. I think that is one reason why I still use mine on a daily basis....it makes me smile when I look at it! And isn't it nice to have another reason to smile? I believe so!!!

2 comments:

Kellie said...

So cute... love these!

Gena at ichoosejoy.org said...

Those are absolutely adorable! Please create a tutorial for them!
--Gena

Related Posts with Thumbnails