Monday, March 21, 2011

This Little Bunny.....


This little bunny was so much fun to stitch. See his bushy little tail.....basically a mess of french knots....so cute! The outline of the bunny came from Michie's Embroidery book. And the reason I needed this little bunny was because I made a sweet little romper that needed something precious on the front of it.



The romper was another fun story. I wanted a small romper to give as a gift...but guess what? Out of all the patterns I have...and I have many....I did not have one romper pattern that would fit a baby less than about 6 months or so. So I pulled out my pattern drafting paper (which was really leftover Christmas wrapping paper this time since I ran out of the real stuff!) and drafted out a romper pattern. I think it came out great.

I used baby blue pique for the fabric with a light blue batiste for the lining. And I used white piping to give it a tailored look. I was very pleased with the end result. Oh, I also put these teeny tiny white buttons on the shoulder and crotch. I have used snaps on baby items before, but I don't really like using them with heirloom-type fabrics. I always worry about ripping the fabric.

I'm off to prepare for Smocking Guild tonight. I have the two smocked dresses finished so I will take them for Show and Tell. Then tomorrow they will be in the mail to two adorable little twin girls. I also still need to finish the embroidery on Elisabeth's Easter dress, plus make a final decision on what to make the boys for Easter. Also did I mention I am working on two new patterns? Lots of fun things going on these days!!!!

7 comments:

Kellie said...

I love this little bunny! Precious!

Cindy said...

Thanks Kellie! I think he's so adorable!!! Makes me want to stitch one just for me to see everyday! Makes me smile!

Ruth said...

Cindy,you are busy, busy...all that smocking, embroidery, and sewing. I just love the sweet little bunny! What a precious outfit.

Cindy said...

Thanks Ruth! I needed a lot of therapeutic sewing once the baby started feeling better. I think I held him for 5 straight days last week. So the weekend ushered in some sewing time for me! And it was well received!

Ellie Inspired said...

Wow, when everyone started feeling better, you hit the ground RUNNING! Lots going on! I can't wait to see what you're working on. But, that little romper...oh, oh, oh so cute!!!

Jan M said...

The romper was already sweet, but the bitty bunny makes it perfect! What a fortunate recipient.

Cindy said...

Thanks Laura and Jan!!! You both are very kind. I had so much fun making this romper that I wish I could just sit down and make five more and give them away!!! The recipient was very happy to receive it. The baby should be here soon!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails