Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Sick Little Ones.....

My family has been introduced to the less than wonderful world of RSV the past two weeks. And my reaction...I don't like it, not one bit!!!! First Elisabeth came down with fever, sniffles, and a horrific cough. Several days later Ethan joined her. Then the very next day Emily went down the same path. Fortunately Ean is still healthy. We are praying he stays healthy because after all this coughing I can see how so many infants end up in the hospital with this ugly stuff. And it is ugly!!! My kids have never coughed so much in their entire lives....combined.....as they have over the past week and a half!!! I am hopeful we are almost finished with this mess, although our pediatrician says the cough may last a full 27 days!

As a result of the family being sick...little sewing/smocking has been completed. I do have one little project started though....with hopes to wrap it up this coming weekend.

I hope you all are enjoying the little signs of Spring popping up all over the place. Our daffodils bloomed last week and we saw our first bunny today. We love Spring!!! Now if only we can all get better and start enjoying it!!!

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Oh, I'm so sorry about the RSV! I hope that everyone gets better soon...and that Ean stays healthy.

dlogan said...

Cindy, prayers are sent to you dear mother! Warm slippers and chicken soup. Keep the faith. Hugs,Darby

Susan said...

I'm sorry your little ones are sick! My second baby has RSV when he was 5 months old and had to be hospitalized. It was very scary for a young mother, but he recovered completely and is now a 19-year-old healthy young man! ;) Praying all of yours get well quickly!

Goosegirl said...

Oh Cindy, I pray you all get well soon. Your poor little ones and poor you! Get well soon and stay well.

Kellie said...

Trust all are well soon! God's grace is sufficient.

Elisabeth Rose said...

Hi Cindy,
We've had lots of illness this winter, too. I hope your kiddos are better soon and you can get back to sewing and other fun things!

Related Posts with Thumbnails