It seems I always have multiple sewing projects going at any given time. Currently I'm working on the Larkin and a few other things....but I'm also getting started on a bishop. I mentioned before that I am taking a Smocking Correspondence Course through SAGA. I have so enjoyed this course! I taught myself to smock about 11 years ago so I've always wondered if I am doing things correctly. This course has reassured me I am doing it right.....and it has given me a few tips along the way too. The first three lessons involved creating a sampler and the final two lessons start and complete a bishop. I've made many bishops over the years and I've always enjoyed the process. Actually my first ever smocked project was a bishop.
Last year I realized I had a shoe box full of embroidery floss. Some of it was purchased the week before and some of it had been with me for 20+ years. I made a split decision to throw it all away unless I knew it was new. As a result I now have very little floss at any given time. So today when I went digging for floss, I was surprised that I actually had some that matched this floral fabric. The colors above look like they don't match...but they really do. I honestly do use the same floss colors over and over again. I bet you thought I was really kidding when I mentioned it before.