Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Letter to You......

(Ean ~ August 2010)

Hi Friends.....I feel so out of touch lately. Like I've been on vacation, even thought I haven't, and I need to catch up with each and every one of you. It's been so crazy around here the past few weeks...nothing major...just busy kind of stuff. To remedy this I thought I'd purge all that is in my brain and thereby update you on all of our latest happenings....on your end just pretend this is a nice hand-written letter from me to you.

Thanks so much for all the kind words, emails and phone calls Emily and I received this past week concerning her being mentioned by Martha Pullen in her newsletter. Emily has been so tickled with the whole thing. And I am so proud...as a mom should be!!!

We had our Smocking Guild meeting this past week. I'd been worried about this particular meeting for awhile now because Wayne was scheduled to be out of town. This would be the first meeting I would take all four children with me. Our ladies are so wonderful that I knew they wouldn't mind...but I was also the one presenting the program this month so I knew I would be somewhat distracted by keeping my eye on all of them. Plus Ean has reached that age where he wants to be on the floor crawling and pulling up at all times. I always say with each child God gives me another hefty dose of creativity because I sure had some great ideas I was going to implement.

That morning Wayne had his suitcase packed and he was about to walk out the door and head to the airport when he received an email telling him something had come up and he did not need to travel. Isn't that awesome? So not only did he NOT have to travel and be gone for three nights and four days.....he would also be home to help me with the kids during Smocking Guild. It just worked out fantastic. And of course, Guild was wonderful. I think we had our best Show and Tell to date. Everything was incredible!!!

Oh, the one thing at Guild that wasn't incredible was when I borrowed someone else's scissors to trim a thread and sliced a hole in my left pointer finger. Yeah, that really wasn't great at all. And it still isn't completely healed. And it is really hard to sew by hand when you have a large band aid on your finger. But it is getting better.

This week I've been testing a pattern for a friend. It is cute and I can't wait to share it.

I've also been drafting and sewing a new potential pattern for a sweet little dress. Pictures to share soon....meaning the dress has been finished for awhile I just haven't taken the time to snap some photos.

Oh, I have had another idea for my Pleated Skort pattern for months now and finally worked it up this week.....CUTE!!! I hope to share pictures soon....see above for reason why I don't have pictures yet. I'm also stitching up some cute samples for various upcoming markets.

Wayne bought the kids an inexpensive mini rc helicopter this week. They have had so much fun with that thing. I'm not sure who enjoys it more....the kids or Wayne!

Today Ean, the girls and I went to a Doll Show. This is the third year we have gone and the first year I actually purchased something. I can't wait to show you all.

Also today I stopped by a roadside stand and purchased some beautiful farm fresh tomatoes, peaches and an enormous watermelon. For dinner we had yummy sandwiches with the tomatoes, rocking potato salad I made, and watermelon. It was delicious. This is the largest watermelon I have ever cut into....and boy did it make a huge mess I had to clean up afterwards. I know there has to be an easier way.....but that's alright...it was worth it. The girls and I decided we will definitely have a garden next year. We've skipped the last two years....but we are ready to start planning for next year....maybe even a cool weather garden this Fall.

Alright...I think you are up to date now. Both of my girls have sore throats tonight.....so I propped them up with a Colonial Williamsburg movie. Rumor has it we may be heading that way next month...we'll see!!

xoxo,

Cindy


4 comments:

Prissy said...

You are amazing! I saw your skort paired with a top from the Handmade Dress in the new issue of Sew Beautiful. Makes me with I had a little girl to sew for. So cute!

Cindy said...

Thanks Prissy!!! I love what Khristal did with my pattern in SB. Definitely cute!!!

Laurie said...

WOW! I've just decided that you are waaaay busier than I am!

Cindy said...

Laurie...Thanks, I think. I do stay busy...but only because I enjoy it. My husband and kids come first....then all of my hobbies!

Related Posts with Thumbnails