Ever since I made my first pleated skort I have had an idea in the back of my mind. I finally took the time to test out my theory last week and it does work and I think it looks great. I took my Pleated Skort pattern and instead of making the pleats I simply gathered the front and back. The rest of the skort is made exactly according to the directions. And I forgot to take pictures, but I am sure you won't be surprised to know there are gingham shorts underneath. I would like to find an appropriate trim to put along the hemline...but so far I haven't found anything that matches and looks good. I did put a turn-cord bow on it though....and I like it. So there you go...another skort version using the Pleated Skort pattern.