Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sweet Little Wee Care Gown.....


In my spare minutes today I have been working on this sweet little Wee Care gown. I modified the Grady Gown pattern a little and I am anxious to see how it turns out. And since I could not manage to dig up any lace when I assembled it....I added entredeux on the sleeves instead. That way I can crochet a delicate little edging where the lace would have been. I enjoy having little projects like this so even if I only have two minutes here or there I can pick it up and stitch or crochet a little. If I did not utilize these little pockets of time I would not get much completed.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Oh so cute....and you are soooo right to grab every few minutes that you can to pick up a few stitches here and there - I'm right there with ya! :)

Marsha said...

would be interested in details of how you altered the Grady gown...my group is always looking for alternate Wee Care gown styles. Also, the crochet cotton...is that 20 wt or 10 wt? Sweet, beautiful gown!

Cindy said...

Thanks Laurie and Marsha.

Marsha...the crochet thread is 30 weight...I use it for a nice delicate look. I will do a post on the wee care gowns sometime soon.

Related Posts with Thumbnails