Tuesday, February 09, 2010

My Most Favorite Sewing Machine Foot........


As you all know I have four little ones and we homeschool. Therefore I am with my four little ones 24/7. So since I can't be sewing all the time....I do think about sewing as often as I can. One thing I often think about is my favorite sewing machine foot. My most favorite foot by far...is the edge stitch foot. For my Bernina...that is foot #10. It seems like I use this foot every time I sit down at the machine. I use it for some hems like the one above. And I also use it for edge stitching and top stitching by moving my needle position and using the guide on the foot to run along the folded edge of the fabric. I also use it for stitching in the ditch by running the guide "in the ditch" and keeping my needle in the center position so that it stitches exactly where I want it to. I know I use it in other situations too...but my brain just can't think of them right now.

If you don't have a foot like this yet....see if your machine has one available....you will love it!!!!

1 comment:

The dB family said...

Thank you for the tip! I will have to see if they have them for our Singer or our Janome.

Blessings!
Deborah

Related Posts with Thumbnails