Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Preemie Hats.....


My sweet little Emily has been quite the busy beaver. She has set a goal for herself to make 1 preemie hat a day for this entire year. She knits some and crochets some.....clever girl!!! And she uses all sorts of patterns we have found on-line and some she has designed herself. She plans to donate them to the local NICU at the end of the year. Have I ever told you she aspires to design modest bridal wear? I think she'll do well with whatever she decides to do. She has also sold 4 custom-order crocheted hats and two scarfs (1 crocheted and 1 knitted). She's working on getting her own blog up and running.....I'll share the link soon!!! She is pretty amazing...especially for a 10 year old....of course, I am slightly biased!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is certainly amazing!

Blessings,

Maria

Susan said...

She is definitely amazing! My daughter (17) says to hurry and begin designing that modest bridal wear! LOL

I'm learning to knit from an elderly friend, and I must say I'm finding it difficult. I can crochet, which seems much easier at this point, but I'll keep at the knitting. If a 10-year-old girl can do it, shouldn't I be able to do it?! ;)

Goosegirl said...

You have every right to be proud of Emily. She sounds like an amazing hearted girl. Her hats are lovely.

Laura said...

I am so impressed with your sweet little daughter. My granddaughter was 17 oz. when she was born. I'd like to let her know that those hats are definitly needed and used!

Related Posts with Thumbnails