Thursday, January 07, 2010

Emily's Tiered Skirt.....


Emily has been asking for a three tiered skirt for several months now. She came with me to a SAGA meeting one night and picked out this pretty pink eyelet batiste. (We meet at a local heirloom sewing shop). I did not want to purchase a pattern because they are so easy to make if you spend just a few minutes thinking things out.

Emily says she loves this skirt and she wears it as often as the weather permits. And today? She isn't wearing it....it has been snowing all day long!!! Kids are loving it. I am baking to keep the kitchen nice and warm....chocolate chip muffins, oatmeal jam bars, etc. Now it's time to start dinner...not sure what that will be yet.



Back to the skirt.......I can post the formulas I used if anyone is interested...but they are very basic. You first need to decide how many tiers you want, how long you want your finished skirt to be, and a waist measurement. Then you need to sit down with paper and pencil for a few minutes. It's not rocket science.....just clean fun!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you mind sharing the specifics?

it is not that I would not be able to figure it out myself ;-), but it is easier to follow a true and tried method!

The skirt looks lovely!

Blessings Cindy,

maria

Cindy said...

Maria...I don't mind at all. I'll post it tomorrow. It's basic but you can let me know if you have any questions.

Karina said...

i want to make these! thanks! Also I have my pattern cut out for the Emily pattern you sent me!

Cindy said...

Karina...I hope you enjoy making the Emily pattern. It is so adorable. And also, you should be receiving a package from me on Saturday or Monday. I mailed it Wednesday. Take care!!!

Karina said...

YES! I rec'd it today! I cant wait to make these for my girls. The Emily pattern is very cute, I picked the A style and Ive never done pleats or cording before, I reallly enjoyed the pleats, Im working on improving the cording. THE YOKE was giving me the worse problems! I was having a hard time understanding it. I got it though, I think....LOL I also have never done a french seam either, that was neat. Now I see why all your stuff is so nice looking, I think you know how to also pick out great patterns and sew wonderfully! I will start on the sleeve next.....So far its nice, the cording could be better but so far Im happy with it. Thank you!!!!!!

Cindy said...

Karina....sounds like you are doing great. It takes a little practice to get piping right....but what you are doing is the only way to learn. You just have to jump in and tackle it. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails