Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Pattern Drafting......


I have my "tools" out. Emily and I saw a shirt that we both liked (for her). So I drew a picture and then pulled out my pattern drafting tools....including a "prototype fabric." Whenever I am at Hobby Lobby I check out the clearance fabric to see if there is any I can add to my stash for
making prototypes. This way I can check out the fit and such before I cut into the more expensive fabric. It works for me.
Anyway, I have actually carved out a little bit of sewing time here and there over the past week. I finished up the sweet little romper I was working on for my great niece (I still need to take a picture). Plus I started and finished another skort for Emily (still need a picture). I have just about finished the skort pattern. I've also crocheted a few more socks and have almost finished those directions as well. Well actually the directions are complete....but I want to add a few photos to the instructions (notice the trend here???).
Seems like I've accomplished more than that....but I can't think right now. I do know I am planning a trip to the local heirloom fabric store this Saturday. I'm hoping to pick up some fabric for a few Fall outfits for the girls. And who knows, if I find the perfect fabric....I'll get some for the boys too. Fall sewing and Spring sewing are my favorites!!! I'll be back with pictures soon!!! Pinky Promise!!!!

2 comments:

Goosegirl said...

Cindy, I can't wait to see pictures. I love your sewing. But how you manage the time with all your little kiddos is beyond me. You are gifted.

The dB family said...

I'm excited! I can't wait to see pictures -- and a tutorial for the pleated skort. Squirt has a blouse that would go perfect with a pleated skort and I was bemoaning the fact that would have to go pattern hunting when I remembered that you were going to post a tutorial soon. Now to decide on a fabric. I like that you buy inexpensive fabric and work your patterns with that first. Your talents truly inspire me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails