Friday, September 18, 2009

Criss-Cross Top.......


I finished the prototype for this criss-cross top for Emily. She was so excited she started doing some ballet moves!


I had the idea for a shirt like this and then ran the idea by Emily. She liked the sketch I made so I ventured on with drafting it out. Then I let her pick out some inexpensive fabric from H*bby L*bby to make a prototype.



My first version had a sleeve issue....so after I sorted that out and re-drafted the sleeve....this is the final version. She loves it and almost refuses to take it off. That could be a problem....but I am not going to worry about it right now.



In the meantime, after I make up a few Fall jumpers, I am going to make her another one of these shirts using some nicer fabric. I think it would be cute with 3/4 length sleeves as well. I also have one cut out of different fabric to make for Elisabeth.





With this floral fabric it is kind of hard to see the "criss-cross" nature of it....but it is truly there I assure you. I think it would be pretty to emphasize it with some piping...but Emily doesn't care much for piping anymore. But she loves the shirt....so that is good. Maybe I'll try out the piping idea on Elisabeth's..... Funny how I never run out of ideas....but I am always running out of sewing time!!!








2 comments:

Karina said...

I'm looking forward to buying some of your patterns when they are made......:) Looks soo nice!

lady m said...

Cindy,

It looks great! I am glad that you are going to make it again...she will look lovely in it ;-)

blessings,

lady m

Related Posts with Thumbnails