Monday, December 08, 2008

Homemade Christmas Ornaments.....


Each Christmas after the birth of one of our children, I have made the precious new addition a sweet little felt stocking. To make these, I cut two stocking shapes out of felt.




Then I blanket stitch (by hand) with white embroidery floss around the outside. Then I take a purchased doily and cut it in half diagonally and stitch it around the top of the stocking. I also attach a ribbon loop for hanging.



And to finish it off, I embroider the little one's name with gold embroidery floss. These are some of my favorite ornaments on our Christmas tree!!!



3 comments:

Nell said...

Very cute ornaments, Cindy. Thank you for sharing how you made them. Have a very merry and blessed Christmas!

Lory said...

Very, very beautiful! :):):)

The dB family said...

Your ornaments are so pretty! I have a baby's first Christmas for each of ours, but that was pre any ability to sew for me, so they are store bought. They are still special though.

Related Posts with Thumbnails