Monday, September 15, 2008

Emily's New Fall Outfit.....


I have had this sweet outfit finished for a week now...and Emily has even worn it a couple of times. Finally, tonight I remembered to get a few photos to share with you all. I used a pattern called Emery by my friend Paige, designer of Pintucks and Pettiecoats. It includes a pair of pants that can either be made cropped, capri, or bermuda in length and a reversible swing top. Both pieces can also have madeira applique applied around the bottom edge and/or a scalloped bottom edge. Emily, however, prefers her clothes pretty simple. I had to convince her to let me put the piping around the top.



For the bottoms I used brown corduroy and the top is a matching floral fabric lined with teal and white gingham. I also used the brown corduroy for the piping and the covered buttons. This creates the base outfit and then you can embellish it if you like.

For example, you can take a coordinating grosgrain ribbon and stitch a buttonhole in it. Then button it on to the button.....


...and tie it into a bow.


And then you have another precious look to the outfit. Different colored ribbons will yield even more options. I think Emily will definitely get a lot of wear out of this outfit this fall. Then when it gets too chilly....she can put a long-sleeved shirt underneath and wear it even longer. I am currently working on a coordinating outfit for Elisabeth....it's going to be cute too. Different patterns but....same fabrics. I can't wait to finish it!!!

7 comments:

Ruth said...

I love the idea of stitching a buttonhole in the ribbon to give a different look.

Wonderful outfit!

Sunny said...

Adorable as always Cindy. I love the brown and teal combo so much I am making a pocketbook with those colors.

Casey said...

Very cute outfit. I love brown and blue together!

lera said...

So very cute. I love the idea of the interchangeable ribbons on the shoulders.

Anonymous said...

precious!

Unknown said...

Love it. What a great idea stitching the button hol in the ribbon. Love the fabric by the way!

Cindy said...

Thanks ladies for the kind comments. Emily loves her new outfit. I like the idea of the ribbon being interchangeable as well. It really opens up the door for more outfit options. I know of a few little things like that that I will have to post about one day.

Related Posts with Thumbnails