Saturday, March 29, 2008

An Old Bunny With A Story.......


After decorating the house for Easter a week or so ago I remembered this sweet bunny that lives on the shelf in my closet. I made this sweet bunny right after I graduated from college and before I started graduate school. Isn't it funny how you can recall some things so vividly??? Anyway....I saw this pattern in a craft magazine approximately 18 years ago (that's scary in and of itself) and quickly went to the nearest Joanns at the time and purchased everything to make it. Isn't the baby bunny in the pocket the sweetest? I have managed to hang onto it and not lose it six moves and 18 years later. Amazing. Now, like I mentioned earlier, it lives in my closet. It seems that all my remaining dolls and stuffed items live there. I'm trying to keep them together and intact so that when my little ones get older they can appreciate them. From my experience if I give them items too soon.....I come to regret it...quickly!!! So this is the first Easter this bunny has seen daylight in many years. The kids have all been very gentle with it so far. In a day or so I will put it back into the company of Raggedy Ann, my yo-yo doll, and several other precious items from yesteryear.
In sewing news....I have finished the smocked top for Elisabeth. She decided it was destined to become a dress and then she proceeded to wear it all day!!! That is a wonderful thing!!! Pictures will soon follow.....promise!

2 comments:

Tori Leslie said...

She looks like a very special little bunny and 18 years isn't too long. I can relate, I just turned 35 so 18 years ago isn't that long.

I went to look at your yo-yo doll and she's so pretty. I love your blog, so much inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

It's funny how a craft project can put you right back in history. I hope the bunny is not too worse for the wear with all the moves! I'm sure your kids love to hear the stories behind your dolls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails