Saturday, March 22, 2008

Finished Easter Outfits......


I managed to keep my eyes opened long enough late last night to finish all the outfits for my little ones. For Ethan's outfit I used a Bonnie Blue pattern called Hunter. I have used it many times before and I love it. The only problem I encountered was when I went to trace the size two pattern Ethan was asleep...so I did not measure him to confirm the size. Imagine my surprise when I finished it and tried it on him....and it was way too small. Instead of starting all over I pooled my creative energy and decided to just add some length on to the straps. It seemed to work well. The fabric is a light blue and white gingham and it is lined in a solid white broadcloth. He will wear the short sleeve shirt shown above with it for Easter. And maybe if he gets chilly he can wear his blue sweater that I made him a year or so ago.


For Sweet Elisabeth I used the Children's Corner Lillian pattern again. I do enjoy thinking up different ways to use this design. I put white pique on the top and then the blue floral on the bottom (I think this is my favorite fabric EVER!!!!). Where the two fabrics meet I experimented around with rick rack until I decided on a layer of white with a layer of blue on top. I like the effect. To top it all off I spent an entire evening with a threaded needle and some rick rack to determine how I wanted to make a flower. I put in a few stitches and then cut the knot and pulled it out if I did not like the end result. I ended up putting two variations together to produce the end result. You can see a close up here. I am pleased with the entire dress.


On the back I continued the rick rack. As for buttons, I found a couple of beautiful mother of pearl buttons that I would have loved....but they were at least $1 each and I needed 8 of them. So I went for the less expensive ones...and I think they look fine. Once again I let the machine stitch on every single button....I love that feature!!!

Sweet Emily gets another Mom-generated outfit. This is the same design as an outfit I made her a couple weeks ago. I made the skirt pattern based on her measurements....she likes long skirts like her Mom. And for the shirt I used the bodice pattern from one of my favorite dress patterns and extended it to the length I desired. However, she did pick out all the fabrics. She's is developing a good eye for color.

And, of course, I kept my pintuck foot busy making and attaching all the piping. I think piping adds so much to an outfit. Oh, and look, ginghams and florals together again....imagine that!!! Still my absolute favorite combination of fabrics.

Hopefully tomorrow I can capture some action shots of the kids wearing their frocks. If I do...you all will be the first to know. Happy Easter Everyone!!!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They look great as usual. Hope you all have a happy Easter. We all did.

Samantha Caffee said...

Good job!

Cindy said...

Missy....thanks! We had a great Easter and I hope you did too!!!

Little Dresses (Samantha)....thanks!! Hope you had a blessed Easter!!! Your dresses were awesome too!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails