Sunday, November 04, 2007

I Could Not Resist......


...to show you how everyone looked at our house on October 31st. We are not big into Halloween....and the girls do not like scary things at all. However, they always look forward to dressing up and visiting with some of our favorite neighbors. As you can see, Emily dressed up as Shirley Temple....she loves to watch Shirley Temple movies whenever she gets the chance. She wore a dress I made for Elisabeth last year.....it was just small enough without being too tight or uncomfortable. Elisabeth was a ballerina. I made her a ballet skirt out of tulle...but she decided at the last minute to wear this leotard that had a skirt attached. She can wear the skirt for dress-up....I made one for Emily as well.

And for the funniest sight of the night......


....here's Ethan. Can anyone guess who he is before I tell you? Take note of the cardigan I made him last Spring....the pants, shirt and the blue canvas shoes.....any ideas????? Ok, here comes the big reveal.....Mister Rogers!!!! Is that not the funniest???? I thought of that a few weeks ago and could not resist. This is the only year I could get by with this so I had to do it. The girls thought it was so comical. One of our neighbors said..."Oh Mister Rogers, you look so much older on tv." We have some great neighbors and a lot of candy to eat...especially since the kids don't eat any of it...by their choice. So that means more for me!!! I better go...I hear Hershey's calling my name!!!

6 comments:

Amie said...

Cute! Very original ideas :D

Anonymous said...

Oh no, they are too cute! I love the way you combed Ethan's hair to look like Mr. Rogers. The girls look great tool I hope it wasn't too cold for them to trick-or-treat! Where's the picture of the tutu? I can't tell you how many I have made for Abbie over the years!

Cindy said...

Thanks Amie and Missy. Yes, it was a little chilly...but the excitement was greater than the chill. I will post pics of the tutus as soon as I can get them taken.

Katie said...

I love the Mr. Rogers idea! So cute. They all look adorable.

I've been eating our Halloween candy, too. But all the chocolate is already gone. Now it's just suckers and other stuff I don't care about eating. =0(

Anonymous said...

Cindy - the girls are so sweet! My first thought when looking at Ethan was "Alfalfa" from the Our Gang series...:) He makes a very cute Mr. Rogers! :)

Cindy said...

Thanks Katie....yes, isn't that funny about our "favorite" halloween candy. We all have some that we steer clear of!!! Fortunately our neighbors only gave us chocolate!!!! I like that!

Cheryl....now that you mention it Ethan could also have been "Alfalfa" or "Spanky" from "Our Gang." I used to love that show!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails